Goodwin Funeral Home, originally known as A.E. Morse, Undertakers, was located in a downtown Manchester storefront. In the late 1800s, Elmer D. Goodwin purchased the business. He was later joined by his son, Lewis B. Goodwin, who died in 1919. Ten years later, Elmer relocated the funeral home to the former Amoskeg Mill Presidents Mansion, a Victorian home in the Swiss style. Goodwin Funeral Home continues to be located in this stately, historic building.
Lewis’ son, David P. Goodwin, joined his grandfather in the business in 1936 and provided services to area families for 50 years before retiring in 1986. His son, Charles S. Goodwin, purchased the business that year. In 2005 Charles sold the business to Chad M. Corbin. Goodwin Funeral Home was sold in 2010 and is now owned by Richard A. Meyer and Gary A. Carolan who are continuing the tradition of quality, service and dignity to the community of Manchester.